Causes of uneven complexion
Before you figure out exactly how you can even out the tone and color of the skin of the face, you need to figure out why they can, in principle, differ in different parts of the skin. Let’s make a reservation right away that we are analyzing only situations that can arise in a conditionally healthy organism.
If you suspect that a different skin color on the face may be associated with any diseases (for example, skin problems, malfunctions of the gastrointestinal tract or hormonal disruptions), be sure to consult a specialist and / or a dermatologist.
In other cases, the cause of an uneven tone, red cheeks or an earthy complexion may be the following factors:
- Regular stress and lack of sleep Cause surges of cortisol, adrenaline, and other hormones that can lead to capillary congestion, skin redness or dullness, and an overall unhealthy appearance.
- Irrational nutrition, neglect of the drinking regimen – can cause dehydration of the skin, the appearance of dry spots, inflammation and banal acne.
- Problems after sun exposure: Irregular use of sunscreen or too much exposure to the sun can provoke hyperpigmentation, general dehydration and an “aged” look of the skin.
- Lack of outdoor activities – chronic lack of oxygen (which is especially true for stuffy office spaces) can really lead to an unpleasant earthy complexion, general lethargy and dullness of the skin.
How to even out complexion with the help of cosmetology
Of course, you can even out the tone of the face in the office of a beautician. There are many procedures of varying degrees of effectiveness that will help achieve an even complexion. Let’s take a look at the most popular ones.
Dermabrasion and microdermabrasion
Both procedures involve mechanical peeling – skin resurfacing using machines with various abrasive nozzles. Classical dermabrasion is performed under local anesthesia, layer-by-layer “scrapes” the treated area of the skin to the desired depth and is used to remove scars, scars and pronounced age spots.
Microdermabrasion is a more delicate method of exposure and does not require anesthesia. It is carried out, as a rule, in a course and is suitable for working with slight pigmentation and general unevenness of tone. Both procedures not only mechanically remove various imperfections, but also contribute to the production of the skin’s own collagen.
Laser resurfacing is called medium and deep peeling of the skin with the help of laser devices. Such peeling can be general (the effect is on the entire area of the skin) or fractional (the beam is scattered and hits the skin pointwise) … However, in any case, it warms up the deep layers of the skin and helps to disappear age spots, renew the skin, improve its tone and texture.
Chemical peels are the same controlled damage to the skin, only with the help of chemicals. They literally dissolve old and dead cells, contribute to the destruction of intercellular bonds, active exfoliation and subsequent skin renewal.
Peelings help to remove hyperpigmentation, smooth the relief and skin tone. It is important to understand that they may not be suitable for people with sensitive skin, prone to allergic reactions or inflammatory processes.
Mesotherapy is an injection technique, during which special preparations, mesocotails, are injected into the skin using an apparatus with microneedles. The composition of these cocktails is selected by a cosmetologist in each case.
Mesopreparations may include vitamins and minerals, amino acids, hyaluronic acid, antioxidants and other substances that help restore and renew the skin. Mesotherapy “works” with uneven tone and complexion, spider veins, reticulum and other visual imperfections of the skin.
How to even out skin tone at home
If you are not yet ready to turn to the achievements of cosmetology, we offer you a simple instruction: how to improve and even out your skin tone at home without the use of cosmetics.
- Build a competent food and drink regimen: include in the diet foods rich in antioxidants, vitamins A and E, polyunsaturated fatty acids, drink at least 1,5 liters of water per day.
- Set up a sleep pattern: sleep at least 7-8 hours, in a cool and well-ventilated room with a humidity level of 40-60%.
- Adjust the rhythm of life: Minimize the level of everyday stress, include daily walks or other outdoor physical activity in the schedule.
- Protect your skin from the sun regularly: Apply SPF products even on cloudy days or in urban areas. Remember that dangerous UV rays penetrate clouds and glass and can cause active photoaging of the skin.
- Choosing the right skin care products: choose cosmetics according to skin type, age and basic needs, do not neglect daily care routines.
So, today we told you how you can make your skin tone even, remove age spots, redness, nets and stars and return your face to a beautiful and blooming look. We hope our tips have helped you!