Rinse duck stomachs, remove films and fat, put in salted boiling water (there should be enough water to cover the stomachs), cook for 1 hour.
How to cook duck stomachs
1. Clean duck stomachs from films and fat, blood clots, wash in cool running water.
2. Pour 1,5-2 liters of cold fresh water into a saucepan, place over high heat, bring to a boil.
4. Put a couple of bay leaves 15 minutes before cooking.
5. Put the duck stomachs in a colander, let the water drain.
6. Salt duck stomachs directly when preparing a dish from them.
Duck stomachs salad
Duck stomachs – 400 grams
Garlic white bread croutons – 50 grams
Potatoes – 2 tubers
Any salad dressing, mayonnaise, or olive oil – 3 tablespoons
Mung bean salad – 500 grams
Sunflower oil – 200 milliliters
How to make duck stomach salad
1. Clean duck stomachs from fat, films, blood clots, rinse in cool water.
2. Pour 1,5-2 liters of fresh cold water into a saucepan, place over high heat and bring to a boil.
3. Put salt in water, lower duck stomachs, cook for 1 hour.
4. Pour oil into a frying pan, heat for several minutes over medium heat, fry boiled duck stomachs for 5 minutes.
5. Peel the potatoes, cut into squares centimeter thick.
6. Pour 150 milliliters of sunflower oil into a saucepan, heat over high heat for 3 minutes, fry the potatoes in oil for 15-20 minutes, so that the outside is covered with a hard golden crust, and the inside becomes soft like French fries.
7. Wash mung bean salad.
8. Prepare four portioned cups, put mung bean salad in each, pour the sauce on top, lay out the fries in an even layer, croutons on top, pour over the sauce, the last layer – duck stomachs, pour over the sauce again.
9. Sprinkle the salad with lime juice on top.
– To remove from a duck stomach film, you need to cut the stomach in half, take the film by the edge and remove it with your hands or scrape it off with a knife. To make the film easier to remove, you can first pour boiling water over the stomach.
– Calorie value duck stomachs 143 kcal / 100 grams.
– Cost duck stomachs 200 rubles / kilogram (on average in Moscow as of June 2017).
– Duck stomachs especially are popular in France. In this country, they are sold canned, added to soups, salads, stews, pies. In the city of Bordeaux, the famous Aquitaine salad – salade Landaise is prepared with confit duck stomachs.