Losing weight up to 7 kg in 5 days.
The average daily calorie content is 670 Kcal.
The word geisha conjures up the image of a young, attractive and slender Japanese girl. In fact, geisha girls owe their figure with ideal body proportions to a certain diet, which was developed many decades ago.
This technique is based on the use of three main foods – rice, milk and green tea. With such a diet, you can lose 5-5 extra pounds in 7 days.
Geisha diet requirements
Let’s take a closer look at the food of geisha (and indeed the inhabitants of Japan). They honor the age-old traditions of their ancestors, without cheating on them and focusing in their diet on healthy and natural foods. It not only does not contribute to the accumulation of fat, but also has a healing effect on the body. It’s not for nothing that there are so many centenarians in Japan.
It should be noted that the diet of the inhabitants of this country is significantly different from the usual diet of Europeans. If our menu often contains an abundance of meat foods, then in Japan, as a rule, meat is not eaten at all. But the consumption of fish and various seafood by the Japanese occupies a leading position practically all over the world.
Rice became the basis of the diet of many Japanese. This culture has long been growing in the land of the rising sun and is readily used by all its inhabitants. The Japanese prefer the brown unpolished type of this cereal. Brown rice helps not only to get rid of excess weight, but also just perfectly cleanses the body of toxins, toxins and other harmful compounds, which, if left in it for a long time, have every chance of harming important organs and systems.
You have probably heard many times about how important the tea ceremony is for the people of Japan. Basically, they consume the green type of this drink, which speeds up the metabolism. This is reflected in weight loss and maintenance in a positive way. But it is worth noting that for maximum usefulness and effect, you need to use high-quality green brewed tea, and not the packaged tea we have.
An important factor is the fact that the Japanese do not eat much (in comparison with the average inhabitant of the post-Soviet space). As a rule, Japanese food consists of several dishes, but all of them are eaten from small bowls, whose dimensions are similar to saucers. And accordingly, overeating is out of the question here.
As for milk, which is also given special attention in the geisha diet, many nutritionists unconditionally agree that this drink helps to lose weight faster, as it improves the functioning of the digestive system and speeds up the metabolism. On a diet, it is advisable to consume milk with a fat content of no more than 1,5% (maximum – 2,5%).
The rest of the foods and drinks on the geisha diet are prohibited. But do not forget to drink enough non-carbonated water or mineral water every day.
If we are not talking about a diet for weight loss, but about the nutrition of the Japanese in general, it is based on the following foods:
– a fish;
– green tea;
– milk (it is added to tea or drunk as an independent drink).
The geisha diet involves three meals. It is advisable to do without snacks. Before going to bed, do not eat for 3 hours. Physical activity in all forms is encouraged – just walking, dancing, exercising at home or in the gym.
Take note of these tips to make it easier to maintain the results obtained on the geisha diet. Try not to pounce on sweets, fatty and high-calorie foods. It’s great if you manage to make the above foods of the Japanese menu the basis of your diet. Eat more fresh and natural foods. Try during the geisha diet to feel the taste and healthiness of the dishes used and do not forget about them in the future.
Also, while following the diet of Japanese beauties, special attention should be paid to massage, cleansing baths and beauty treatments. In addition to the benefits for the body and the body, these manipulations will surely help you tune in the right way and abstract yourself from thoughts of eating something forbidden.
The diet for all 5 days of the geisha diet is as follows.
Breakfast: 2 cups of unsweetened green tea, to which you need to add warm milk in proportions 50/50 (that is, we drink up to half a liter of drink in total).
Lunch: 250 g of boiled unsalted rice (we weigh the finished portion) and the same amount of warmed milk.
Dinner: 250 g of boiled unsalted rice; a cup of green tea with milk (proportions as for breakfast).
Pregnancy and breastfeeding, chronic diseases and diseases of the gastrointestinal tract are considered contraindications to the geisha diet.
The virtues of the geisha diet
- The undoubted advantages of the geisha diet include quick results. As a rule, a good result thanks you for your enviable willpower already on the second or third day. You will see how excess weight literally melts away.
- Also, the advantage is that weight loss passes without the pangs of acute hunger, there is a pleasant lightness in the body, energy and vigor appear.
- The favorites of this diet – rice, milk and green tea – also benefit the body. Let’s consider the main advantages of each product (drink) in more detail.
- Milk… This healthy drink is an excellent source of calcium, which is fully absorbed by our body. In this regard, dairy foods are very useful not only for those who are losing weight, but also for children and adolescents, for people with osteoporosis. Milk fights insomnia very well. Sometimes, in order to go to the kingdom of Morpheus, it is enough to drink (preferably an hour before bedtime) a glass of milk, adding a little natural honey to it. It is especially good in this case to turn to fresh milk for natural help. In addition, it is recommended to drink milk for colds, migraines and common headaches.
- rice… This cereal is an irreplaceable source of vitamin B, which is famous for its benefits for the nervous system. If you feel like unreasonable mood swings or even depression are becoming the norm, be sure to include rice in your diet. Also, rice grains contain calcium, iodine, zinc, phosphorus, iron. All these substances are undoubtedly needed by our body. It is very beneficial to eat rice if you have kidney or urinary tract diseases. Eating rice has a beneficial effect on the cardiovascular system, strengthening the heart muscle and helping it to function normally.
- Green tea… The benefits of this drink have been proven in ancient times. The minerals found in green tea help many organs and body systems work properly. Drinking a natural green drink helps to improve the appearance. The condition of the hair improves, and the teeth and nail plates become stronger. The catechins in tea are very beneficial for the immune system. Tea improves the intestinal microflora and helps to assimilate more nutrients from food.
Disadvantages of the geisha diet
- The disadvantage of the geisha diet is the monotonous diet that should be followed daily. Not everyone is able to withstand the diet to the end due to food monotony.
- Also, the geisha diet may not be suitable for people who are accustomed to having a rich breakfast, because in this case you can only drink green tea with milk for breakfast. If you feel a breakdown, mood swings, psychological discomfort without a hearty breakfast, then you better pay attention to other methods of improving your figure.
- Rice, which occupies a leading place in the diet, can cause gastrointestinal problems, namely constipation. This is aggravated by the fact that there was no place in the diet for vegetable oils and vegetables, which are designed to mitigate this effect and help rice only serve the body well. So, if you have previously encountered a similar problem, it is better to refrain from following the rules of the geisha weight loss method.
If you lost a certain amount of kilograms in the first five days on the geisha diet, but are still not happy with the result and want to lose more weight, you can again make a march of the same duration after 7-10 days. After that, such weight loss should not be addressed for at least 1-2 months.