One of the oldest fruits, which has been given many different names, the homeland of figs is the Mediterranean and some regions of Asia. Figs are a delicate and perishable fruit that does not tolerate transportation well. That is why in regions where it does not grow, figs are available mainly in dried form. Being one of the sweetest fruits, this fruit is endowed with a variety of health benefits. The benefits of figs range from acne and acne problems to the prevention of diseases such as prostate cancer. The fig tree is rich in bera-carotene and carbohydrates, it also contains a lot of vitamins A, C, E and K. Minerals in figs are calcium, copper, iron and so on.
- With a natural laxative effect, eating figs helps treat chronic constipation.
- Adding figs to your diet daily helps in the treatment of hemorrhoids.
- When applied to the skin, roasted figs heal ulcers and abscesses.
- Thanks to its high water content, the date tree clears acne from the skin.
- Figs are rich in natural benzaldehydes such as phenol and other anticancer agents that kill pathogens like fungi and viruses.
- The calcium and potassium content of figs prevents bone thinning (osteoporosis) and helps increase bone density.
- The tryptophan in figs improves sleep and helps relieve disorders such as insomnia.