- General description
- The types, stages and symptoms
- Treatment is the official medical
- Useful products
- Traditional medicine
- Dangerous and harmful products
A General description of the disease
This increase in body temperature because heat production exceeds heat dissipation. The process is accompanied by chills, tachycardia, shortness of breath etc. It is often called “heat” or “heat”
As a rule, fever is the companion of almost all infectious pathologies. And small children fever is caused by increasing heat production, while as adults it is brought on by the restriction of heat transfer. Hyperthermia is a protective action of the body in response to pathogenic stimuli.
Causes of fever
Every patient cause of hyperthermia is individual. The increase in body temperature can cause:
- some forms of cancer, for example, such as lymphoma;
- infection by parasitic, bacterial or viral nature;
- inflammatory diseases of abdominal cavity organs;
- exacerbation of chronic diseases: arthritis, pyelonephritis;
- heat stroke;
- intoxication in case of poisoning;
- some medications;
- heart attack;
The types, stages and symptoms of fever
Depending on changes in temperature fever klassificeret on:
- 1 return – striping normal body temperature increased, can last several days;
- 2 exhausting – during the day several times the temperature may rise up to 5 degrees and then drop sharply;
- 3 repetiruyut – fever, but no more than 2 degrees, as a rule, is not reduced to normal level;
- 4 perverse – the highest body temperature was observed in the morning time;
- 5 constant – temperature is within 1 degree, which lasts for a long period;
- 6 wrong – throughout the day, the body temperature reduces and rises without any patterns.
Fever occurs in stages. In the first phase, temperatures rise, the skin becomes pale, there is a feeling of goose skin. The second stage is the retention temperature, the duration from one hour to several days. The skin become hot, the patient feels a sensation of heat, the fever disappears. Depending on the indicator of the thermometer is the second stage of heat is divided into:
- subfebrile (to 38 degrees);
- febrile or moderate (when the thermometer shows no more than 39 degrees);
- high – no more than 41 degrees.
- excessive – increase in body temperature above 41 degrees.
The third stage involves the reduction of temperature, which may be rapid or slow. Usually under the influence of drugs vessels in the skin dilate, and the body of the patient displayed excessive heat, which is accompanied by intense sweating.
To the General characteristic signs of fever include:
- 1 flushed face;
- 2 feeling aches in bones and joints;
- 3 thirsty;
- 4 sweating;
- 5 shaking of the body;
- 6 tachycardia;
- 7 in some cases, confusion;
- 8 lack of appetite;
- 9 spasms in the temples;
- 10 vomiting.
Complications of fever
High fever poorly tolerated in both children and adults. However, threat not only the heat, but the cause that triggers it. Because hyperthermia can be a symptom of meningitis or severe pneumonia. Worst transfer of the high temperature of the elderly, cancer patients, people with weakened immune systems and young children.
5% kids first 3 to 4 years of life at high temperatures possible seizures and hallucinations, and in some cases even loss of consciousness. Such convulsions do not associate with epilepsy, to her they have no relationship. They are explained by the immaturity of the nervous system. They usually occur when the temperature is above 38 degrees. The kid may not hear the doctor and not to react to his words. The duration of seizures can vary from a few seconds to a few minutes and stop on their own.
Prevention of fever
Prevention of hyperthermia does not exist. It is time to treat the disease, which can cause fever.
Treatment of fever in the official medicine
With a slight hyperthermia (not exceeding 38 degrees on the thermometer) no drugs not prescribed, because the body at this time mobilizes immune defenses.
In the outpatient conditions, the patient is shown at rest and drinking large amounts of fluid. Every 2 – 3 hours should monitor body temperature, if it is over 38 degrees, you should take the analgesic medication according to instructions of doctor. After examination, the doctor determines the cause, and, if necessary, prescribe anti-inflammatory or antiviral agents and a vitamin.
Healthy foods for fever
The main priorities when planning a menu for a patient with hyperthermia should be the elimination of toxins, reduction in inflammatory processes and immune support. You need to drink during the day at least 2.5 – 3 liters of fluid. There is a misconception, according to which the patient with fever must be for some time to give up eating, just copious drinking. When the temperature of the body, respectively, and accelerates metabolism. If the patient is not getting enough calories, his body will weaken and he will not have the strength to overcome the disease.
Food should be easily digestible and include the following products:
- boiled or steamed vegetables, if desired, you can add a small piece of good butter;
- ripe mashed berries and fruits;
- baked apples;
- sweet it is better to prefer marmalade and honey;
- crackers, yesterday’s bread;
- well cooked porridge of oatmeal, buckwheat or rice;
- garlic as a natural anti-microbial agents;
- lean vegetable soup;
- ginger tea as an anti-inflammatory therapy;
- steam scrambled eggs or eggs cooked soft-boiled;
- chicken or Turkey meat in a meatloaf or meatball;
- baked fish low-fat varieties;
- milk soups, cocoa, cheese, yogurt.
Traditional medicines for fever
- 1 a decoction of the leaves of the lesser periwinkle plant helps to normalize temperature and relieves spasms headaches. Make it should be at least 3 times a day;
- 2 gall bladder of fish tench to dry, grind and take once a day, then drink plenty of water;
- 3 decoction on the basis of crushed willow bark is mixed with honey to taste and take 2 times a day until complete recovery;
- 4 fresh leaves of lilac, brewed with boiling water and drink twice a day;
- 5 raspberries in vain think of the people’s aspirin. In season you should eat more of fresh berries, and in autumn and winter and often drink tea with jam;
- 6 dilute the vinegar with cool water in proportion 1:1 and wipe it with a solution of the skin of the patient;
- 7 dilute the vodka with water in equal proportions and wipe the patient’s body;
- 8 compresses with a solution of water with vinegar to put on 10-15 minutes to the calves, elbow folds, armpits, forehead;
- 9 , the blowing cool air through the fan, it should be to ensure that cold air does not enter the head of the patient;
- 10 on a piece of clean cloth to put sauerkraut and attach to the groin, forehead and elbow;
- 11 ice packs placed on the area of the carotid arteries, temples and forehead;
- 12 young children are shown the enema with cool boiled water;
- 13 tea made from Linden flowers stimulates perspiration;
- 14 keep warm when the chill will help ginger tea.
Dangerous and harmful products for fever
- fatty and fried foods;
- hard and processed cheese;
- baking and store-bought sweets;
- semi-finished products and fast food;
- fish and fatty meat varieties;
- sweet soda;
- spicy foods;
- fat broths;
- porridge from barley and wheat grains;
- canned and sausage.
The administration is not responsible for the attempted use of information provided, and does not guarantee that it will not harm to You personally. Materials may not be used for the purposes of treatment and diagnosis. Always consult with the relevant doctor.