They say that a clean intestine is the key to strong immunity. And also a guarantee of health, excellent health, youth, beauty and good mood! That is why scientists have devoted more than one scientific publication to the methods of its purification, describing the causes and consequences of such a phenomenon. Meanwhile, nutritionists assure that, in fact, you can cleanse the colon on your own. All you need to do is introduce the right foods into your diet.
The large intestine and its role
The large intestine is the lower part of the intestine. Her responsibilities include absorbing water from the incoming slurry and forming and holding feces until it is excreted. In the body of a healthy person, this process takes 12-18 hours, and the accumulated feces do not linger anywhere.
Meanwhile, due to various reasons, over time, their remnants may appear on the walls of the colon, which doctors, by analogy, associate with “scale”. They are held in the folds or bends of the colon and often turn into fecal stones after some time. In fact, being slags and toxins, they are gradually decomposed and re-absorbed into the bloodstream, thereby poisoning the body and causing a number of various diseases, the most dangerous of which is colon cancer.
When such “scale” appears, the skin and nervous system are the first to suffer. The person develops rashes or allergies, as well as headaches, lethargy, drowsiness, and irritability. Following this, the liver, kidneys and all other organs and systems suffer.
Colon cleansing methods
The most common ways to cleanse your colon are:
- Diet correction… This is one of the easiest and most effective ways. Moreover, according to Dr. Michael Picco, one of the gastroenterologists at the Mayo Clinic, “the colon is regularly self-cleaning in a natural way.” Of course, in the case of an active lifestyle and a healthy diet.
- Abandoning a passive lifestyle and doing regular exercise. In turn, a sedentary lifestyle is a common cause of constipation and stagnation of feces.
- The use of special medications – laxatives or to improve digestion. Medicines are most often used in case of constipation. Only a doctor can prescribe them, since the effectiveness of each of them is determined individually. Moreover, according to Dr. Picco, their use may not always be justified. After all, helping to get rid of digestive problems, they can negatively affect other organs, in particular the heart or kidneys.(1) (3).
Top 7 Reasons to Cleanse Your Colon
In fact, cleansing this part of the intestine has a number of benefits. Meanwhile, doctors focus on the main ones. By regularly cleaning your body in this way, you can get rid of:
- Digestive problems and intestinal discomfort, in particular from constipation and bloating.
- Irritable Bowel Syndrome.
- Excess weight.
- Skin problems.
- Memory problems and inattention and minimize the occurrence of stress.
- Boost your immunity. (four)
- Improve the absorption of vitamins and nutrients.
Top 16 Colon Cleansers
Yogurt. You can replace it with kefir, narine or other fermented milk products. The value of these drinks lies in the presence of special bacteria that support intestinal health and improve intestinal motility.
Vegetables, fruits and berries. They all contain fiber. It improves intestinal motility and helps to remove toxins and toxins from the body.
Legumes. They affect the colon in the same way.
Nuts and seeds. As sources of antioxidants, omega-3 fatty acids and fiber, they not only improve the overall health of the body, but also have a positive effect on digestion and peristalsis. They can be consumed on their own or as part of yoghurts and salads.
Ginger. It contains a special substance – gingerol, which helps to improve digestion and eliminate toxins from the body. This is why this product is part of many weight loss diets.
Water. Drinking enough liquid (about 2-2,5 liters per day) is the most effective way to cleanse the entire intestine.
Fresh juices. They can replace water. Orange or apple are best for bowel cleansing.
Citrus. It is a source of antioxidants and a great digestive aid. You can make juice from them, use them on their own or with honey and water.
Aloe vera. This herb improves intestinal motility, as well as relieves skin and digestive problems. It is most often added to smoothies.
Cereals and grains. They contain a huge amount of fiber and a minimum of calories and cholesterol. Thanks to this, they improve intestinal motility and have a beneficial effect on the entire body.
Garlic. It has a beneficial effect not only on the cardiovascular system, but also on the digestive system.
Fish. It is a source of omega-3 fatty acids and other nutrients that improve bowel function and help eliminate toxins from the body.
Green tea. Its value is that it not only helps to improve digestion, but also helps to cleanse the liver, as well as lose weight.
Avocado. Its main difference from other fruits is that it contains ample amounts of omega-3 fatty acids and other fats. They not only improve intestinal motility, but also lubricate its walls, thereby improving the permeability of food and preventing the formation of “scale”.
Broccoli. One of the best remedies for cleansing the liver and intestines. You can replace it with other types of cabbage.
Spinach. Like all green leafy vegetables, it helps improve digestion.
How else can you cleanse your colon?
- Limit the consumption of cottage cheese and fat milk. They cause bloating and constipation.
- Give up alcohol, caffeine and nicotine. They poison the body and impair digestion.
- Limit the consumption of sweet and starchy foods. These foods contribute to constipation.
- Drink a glass of raw water on an empty stomach. Folk healers advise adding a spoonful of sea salt to it, bringing the resulting solution to a boil, and then drinking it when it cools down. However, this remedy can harm people with cardiovascular problems and not only. That is why it can be used only after consulting a doctor.
- Perform abdominal massage from time to time.
- Do sport.
- Refuse snacks. They reduce the feeling of hunger, but do not give the intestines enough food, which is necessary for the formation of such an amount of feces that can provoke intestinal peristalsis.
- Reduce the consumption of meat, in particular fatty. Proteins and fats contribute to constipation. You can only eat meat with enough vegetables.
According to doctors, the effect of such a diet comes within a week. And with regular use, you can enjoy the results obtained throughout your life.