It turns out that for health and happiness, a vegetarian does not need so much – to include in the diet foods, the composition of which will allow him to provide himself with the necessary vitamins and microelements in the right amount. Moreover, most of them are always at hand. It’s just that not everyone knows that they have such amazing properties.
Refusing meat, milk and eggs, a person unwittingly deprives himself of 6 essential substances:
Needless to say, his entire body subsequently suffers from this. After all, protein is essentially a building material that supports muscle mass, helps to strengthen immunity and normalizes hormones. Its deficiency affects not only the general state of health, but also the condition of the skin, hair and nails. Iron is an element that affects the level of hemoglobin and, as a result, the resistance to disease and stress.
Calcium is the health of teeth, bones and nails, and zinc is the health of skin and hair, as well as a guarantee of strong immunity and a good metabolism. Vitamin B12 is a participant in a number of processes: hematopoiesis, cell division, the creation of the myelin sheath of nerve fibers, without which they are simply destroyed, the synthesis of amino acids, etc. Vitamin D is not only the prevention of rickets, but also protection against colds and cancer.
Of course, all of them are found in “vegetarian” food foods, though sometimes in small quantities. To protect yourself in this case, without betraying your beliefs, you can simply think carefully about the diet.
Top 10 Protein Foods
- , or soy cheese. It contains about 8 g of protein for every 100 g of weight and is suitable for preparing all kinds of dishes, including salads, stews and cutlets. It also contains zinc, iron, calcium, omega-3 fatty acids and vitamin D.
- Hummus is a cold chickpea appetizer with olive oil, lemon juice and spices. A source of protein, fiber, healthy fats, calcium, iron, zinc, folate and magnesium.
- Seitan, or “vegetarian meat”. There are about 100 g of protein per 75 g of the product. In addition to it, it contains zinc, iron, copper and other trace elements, therefore it is part of some diets, for example,.
- Nuts. Eating a handful of nuts every day, you can saturate the body not only with protein, but also with zinc, magnesium, omega-3 fatty acids, iron, folic acid, vitamin E.
- (peanut paste). 100 g of the product contains 25 g of protein, as well as a large amount of magnesium, potassium, vitamins and fiber.
- Sunflower seeds, sesame seeds, poppy seeds. They contain 18 – 25 g of protein for every 100 g of the product, as well as iron, zinc, copper, magnesium, B vitamins.
- Lentils are a source of protein, soluble fiber, iron, B vitamins and folate.
- Green leafy vegetables – spinach, broccoli, beetroot and kale. They contain protein, fiber, antioxidants, calcium, folic acid.
- … There are only 100 g of protein in 2 g of the fruit, however, it contains many other useful substances – iron, calcium, magnesium, iodine, boron, vitamins A, B, C, K, PP. Therefore, it always occupies a special place in the diet of vegetarians, especially since it perfectly complements the taste of a variety of dishes.
- Quinoa (quinoa) – once this product entered the top twenty in the world. And this is not surprising. It contains 14 g of protein for every 100 g, as well as iron, fiber, calcium, potassium, magnesium, zinc and carbohydrates.
Top 11 foods with iron
- Dried fruits. In addition to iron, they contain calcium, copper, magnesium, potassium, sodium, phosphorus, vitamins A, B, C.
- … It also contains antioxidants, folic acid, fiber and vitamins.
- Pumpkin seeds – a handful of such kernels contains 5% of the daily dose of iron, as well as zinc and other trace elements. You can use them instead of snacks or as part of other dishes. There is an opinion that combinations with honey are especially useful.
- Beets – they contain many nutrients, including iron, calcium, folic acid, manganese, and antioxidants. It is known that the ancient Romans used beets to heal wounds, get rid of fever and constipation, but today it is indispensable for normalizing blood pressure and reducing stamina.
- Whole wheat pasta (pasta, noodles). Among other things, it contains potassium, magnesium, calcium and a lot of carbohydrates, which enrich the body with energy and give a long-lasting feeling of fullness.
- Thyme. A spice with an amazing lemon-peppery flavor that can transform many dishes, and, in combination, an excellent source of iron.
- Brown rice is a versatile product that is used in many cuisines around the world. It is rich in iron and fiber, therefore it perfectly nourishes and cleanses the body, and also helps it fight fatigue.
- … They say that if you start your day with oatmeal, you can forget about iron deficiency, especially since it contains other useful substances, including zinc, magnesium, phosphorus, vitamins of group B, E, PP.
- Plum juice. Perhaps one of the most delicious sources of iron. In addition, it contains vitamin C and organic acids, so it is recommended to drink it in case of anemia, or anemia.
- Potatoes. Who would have thought that in addition to iron, fiber and organic acids, it contains vitamin C, potassium, calcium, boron, manganese and magnesium. True, in very small quantities and most often in red tubers, especially in their peel.
- Dark chocolate. 100 g contains up to 35% of the daily value of iron.
Top 8 calcium foods
- Dark green leafy vegetables are a treasure trove of nutrients.
- – a great snack and a tasty addition to complete meals. One handful of nuts contains up to 175 mg of calcium, as well as phosphorus, magnesium, potassium and vitamin E. Indispensable for fatigue, depression, migraine and insomnia.
- Cereals. Almost all grains are high in calcium and vitamin D.
- Blackberry. 1 handful of berries contains up to 40 mg of calcium, as well as potassium, magnesium, phosphorus, iron, manganese, vitamins A, B, C, E, K, PP.
- Oranges. In 1 fruit – up to 50 mg of calcium, as well as magnesium, phosphorus, potassium, vitamins A, B, C, PP.
- … Believe it or not, 100 g of the product contains about 1000 mg of calcium. It can be added to your favorite dishes, including desserts.
- Legumes. 100 g contains up to 160 mg of calcium, depending on their type.
Top 10 zinc foods
- … The healing properties of this product are legendary, and for good reason. It contains a huge amount of nutrients, including zinc, so you can safely enter it into your daily diet.
- Peanuts, however, for lack of it, other nuts are suitable.
- Dark chocolate. One of the tastiest sources of zinc and a good mood. That’s just because of the high sugar content in the composition, you need to use it in moderation.
- Brown rice
- Mushrooms, especially boletus, boletus, chanterelles. In addition to zinc, they also contain manganese and copper.
- Currant, which also contains vitamin C in large quantities.
- Brewer’s and baker’s yeast is a source of zinc and iron.
- … It contains zinc, calcium, sodium, potassium, iron, all essential amino acids, vitamins A, B, C.
- Fish and seafood. They are considered the best sources of zinc, therefore, doctors do not recommend giving them up even to strict vegetarians.
Best Vitamin B12 Foods
Despite the fact that the need for vitamin B12 is small (only 3 mg per day), its lack leads to the development of serious diseases of the cardiovascular system. In addition, its deficiency negatively affects immunity, brain and liver function. Vegetarians can get it from soy foods, greens of plants, including the tops of radishes or carrots, green onions, spinach, wheat germs, and dairy foods. For the same vegetarians who have decisively abandoned the latter, doctors recommend paying attention to vitamin complexes with its content. True, they need to be selected only together with a doctor.
Top 5 Vitamin D Foods
- and orange juice.
- Soybean oil.
- Dairy foods. In addition to vitamin D, they contain calcium and protein.
- … They also contain iron, manganese, zinc, vitamins A, B, E.
Summing up all of the above, I would like to focus on the fact that the concentration of a particular vitamin or trace element in a product depends not only on its type, but also on the quality of the soil on which it grew (if any), and the degree of heat treatment. The presence of other trace elements, which are necessary for their full assimilation, is also important. For example, when it comes to iron, which is better absorbed together with vitamin C.
But this also has its advantages. After all, whatever healing properties are attributed to these substances, they are all useful only in case of moderate intake into the body. A striking example of this is zinc, which in large quantities, unfortunately, promotes the division of cancer cells. Therefore, it is possible and necessary to look back at the advice and recommendations of nutritionists. But the best confirmation of the correctness of the compiled diet should be good health and excellent well-being!
Be sure to take them into account and be happy!