- How Much Food Should a 7-Month-Old Eat?
- How much baby milk at 7 months?
- What meal for baby: when does he start to eat in the evening?
- Food diversification: what can a 7 month old eat?
- In video: Meat, fish, eggs: how to cook them for my child?
At seven months, food diversification has been in place for one to three months on average. We have generally replaced the feeding bottle or the midday feeding, but sometimes also that of the evening, by a meal. The quantities remain small and the textures close to puree, but new ingredients can be added to baby’s diet.
How Much Food Should a 7-Month-Old Eat?
At seven months, baby is still taking tiny portions of food : a few hundred grams for mashed vegetables and fruit, and a few tens of grams for protein, eggs, meat or fish.
Typical meal for my 7 month old baby
- Breakfast: 240 ml of milk, with a spoonful of 2nd age cereals
- Lunch: a mash of homemade vegetables + 10 g of mixed fresh fish + a very ripe fruit
- Snack: around 150 ml of milk + a special baby biscuit
- Dinner: 240 ml of milk approximately + 130 g of vegetables mixed with two spoons of cereal
How much baby milk at 7 months?
Even if your child takes several small meals a day, the amount of milk he consumes must not go down below 500 ml per day. If your child’s growth chart is not progressing as before, or if you are concerned about his or her diet, don’t hesitate to see your pediatrician.
What meal for baby: when does he start to eat in the evening?
On average, you can replace a bottle or a breastfeed with a meal at noon and in the evening around 6 to 8 months. The most important thing is to listen as much as possible to baby’s needs: everyone goes at their own pace!
Food diversification: what can a 7 month old eat?
At seven months, your child may have new foods : artichoke, mushroom, strawberry, orange or almond puree… Baby’s range of flavors is widening. Even if very often, what he prefers to chew on remains a crouton of bread!
Marjorie Crémadès, dietitian and specialist in infant nutrition and the fight against obesity, recommends gradually introducing these foods to baby’s meals:
- Celery branch
- Chinese cabbage
- Black radish
- Passion fruit
But also oilseed purees (almond, hazelnut …), cereals and potatoes : everything to make food diversification go smoothly!